Are You Someone's Hope?

|

So far this year, NeighborLink volunteers have completed 19 projects. That number is a far cry from the 80 projects that were completed in 2009. Now, I still have some amazing stories that I could share with you about those 19 projects (and I will), but my point is, there is much work to be done.

I am changing names to protect privacy, but could you.......

*Take Nick's window air conditioner out and put it in the basement?

*Help Mary who is a single mom of four girls repair or replace her roof?

*Help Kate repair a wheelchair ramp for her 18 year old handicapped daughter?

*Replace a water heater for a family of four living on a very tight budget?

*Repair a water pipe and faucet for Missy who is disabled?

*Pick up Kim's daughter from daycare two days this month because she doesn't drive and has no one else to ask?

*Replace some flooring in a trailer for Bob who is disabled?

All of these projects and more are posted on the NeighborLink Porter County website. It takes a lot for some of these people to swallow their pride and call someone for help. I hear the desperation in their voices when they have no where else to turn. I pray with them that the Lord will provide for their needs. NEEDS not wants.

Can you be someone's hope today? If you are unsure of where to start or would like information on how to complete a project, visit our website or call me anytime.

In Him,
Judy Alders
NeighborLinkPC.org
219-617-2077

0 comments:

 

©2009 NeighborLink Now | Template Blue by TNB